Største dating side Kerteminde
The privileges were extended by Eric of Pomerania in 1430 and by Christopher of Bavaria in 1441.
The town prospered, becoming one of the largest communities in Denmark.
The sites of what were two settlements and a burial ground can be seen on Lindholm Høje, a hill overlooking the city.
These large settlements, one from the 6th-century Germanic Iron Age, the other from the Viking Age in the 9th to 11th centuries, evolved at the narrowest point on Limfjord as a result of the traffic between Himmerland to the south and Vendsyssel to the north.
In the Middle Ages, royal trading privileges, a natural harbour and a thriving herring fishing industry contributed to the town's growth.
Its prosperity increased when the merchant- and trade association Guds Legems Laug was established in 1481, facilitating trade with the Hanseatic League, The king frequently visited the town, where he held court and stayed in the old Aalborghus.
The herring fishery linked Aalborg to the East coast of England, across the North Sea, both in commercial competition and cultural exchange.
The first mention of Aalborg under its original name Alabu or Alabur is found on coins from c.
1040, the period when King Harthacnut (Hardeknud) settled in the area. 1075, Adam of Bremen reported that Alaburg, as he called it in German, was an important harbour for ships sailing to Norway.